Personal Explore US Savings
Planning your next vacation? Why not make a USD savings account part of that plan? It’s a great way to store and save USD currency, so it’s there when you need it. That way, you won’t have to worry about fluctuating exchange rates when you access your USD funds.
- Account Fees: No monthly fee. You get 2 transactions for free with any extra debits at $2.50 USD each.
- Earn Interest: Earn interest at any balances over $5,000 USD. View interest rate
- eStatements: Electronic statements are free and accessible through digital banking. If you prefer paper statements, it costs $2 per month.
- Free Deposits: It’s always free to deposit money using our mobile app, ATMs, Interac e-Transfer® or in-branch.
- Deposit Guarantee: The deposits of Encompass Credit Union members are 100% guaranteed by the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation and the Province of Alberta.
- Account Fee: No charge
- Minimum Monthly Balance: N/A
- # of Free Debits / Month: 2
- Per Item Debit Fee: $2.50 USD after the first two free debits
- Interest Calculated: Daily on lowest daily balance over $5,000, paid monthly at month end
- Paper Statement: $2.00 USD / month
- In-Branch Deposits: Unlimited; No charge
- Deposit (any Canadian credit union): N/A
- Inquiry (any Canadian credit union): N/A
- Bill Payments (any Canadian credit union): N/A
- Transfer (any Canadian credit union): N/A
- Withdrawal (any Canadian credit union): N/A
- Withdrawal (other Canadian financial institution): N/A
- Withdrawal (international): N/A
- AFT (Automated Funds Transfer): $2.50 USD (if over 2 free debits)
- Direct Payment / Point of Sale Purchase: N/A
- In-Branch Cash Withdrawal or Account Transfer: $2.50 USD (if over 2 free debits)
- In-Branch Bill Payment: N/A