Manager, Lending Support
The Manager, Lending Support provides direction and leadership to staff, organizes, and directs the loan administration activities to provide support to retail lenders for the entire credit union lending portfolio including residential mortgages, consumer, commercial, and agricultural loans. This position will review and compile complex financial information for reporting purposes, preparation of legal loan documentation as well as the execution and management on behalf of the credit union for all types of loans. The Manager, Lending Support is also the administrator for various applications used by the team, and the liaison between the credit union and corporate partners for lending programs.
As a working Manager, you will:
- Ensure that the lending support team delivers service to both internal and external members that are in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises;
- Develop each employee to their highest potential by identifying their areas for improvement and appropriately coaching, training or correcting the employees’ performance;
- Balance and reconcile various internal accounts, ensure documentation is completed accurately and promptly as assigned;
- Work as part of the team, have the ability and capacity to perform all duties as may be required;
- Maintain integrity of loan files, ensure all necessary documentation is current and complete; and
- Keep current and abreast of changes, updates and amendments to policy, procedures, and legislation as it pertains to this position.
Your qualifications include:
- Self-motivated individual, committed to self-development and personal growth;
- Able to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in a fast-paced environment that requires a wide scope of knowledge;
- Business Administration degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution; post-secondary courses in legal terminology is preferred (at minimum Grade 12 education; additional courses in accounting, lending, and law);
- 3–5 years of experience with loans origination systems or loan documentation in other financial institutions or a related field;
- Previous lending experience will prove to be a true asset in this position;
- Supervisory/management experience;
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal, and interpersonal; analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills;
- Strong skill set using Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word programs;
- Administration skills in the areas of performance management, policy interpretation and application;
- Time/priority management, problem solving, decision-making, planning, organizing, and implementing skills;
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail.
Please note that strong applicants who meet our qualification requirements but do not have supervisory or management experience may be considered for a Lending Support Officer position.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $66,192 per year;
- Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid health and dental, matched pension, variable base pay (bonus) program, educational opportunities, and staff rates on our products and services;
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union at www.encompasscu.ca
If you believe that our organization is a good fit for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources officer
502 – 10 street, Wainwright, AB T9W 1P4
Our closing date is September 12, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for pre-employment job assessments. Interviews will be scheduled for the end of September.