Compliance Officer, Admin branch Wainwright
This permanent full-time position in our Risk and Compliance Department is responsible for monitoring the policies, procedures, and controls designed to safeguard the assets of the credit union and the financial dealings of its members; auditing the functions, transactions, activities, records, or accounts of all deposit business areas to detect deviations
Working as part of a team, you will:
- In collaboration with Manager and departmental staff, identify breakdowns in controls and opportunities to improve existing policies, procedures and processes; implement solutions to mitigate risk.
- Assist internal auditors and regulators; ensure that approved recommendations in audit reports are instituted and complied with.
- Act as a resource person for staff inquiries regarding the details of legislative requirements related to new account openings.
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the position.
Your qualifications include:
- Self-motivated, quick learner who is committed to self-development and personal growth;
- The ability to work in a challenging, changing, and progressive environment;
- Minimum Grade 12 education; additional courses in legal terminology is preferred;
- Business Administration degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred;
- Strong skill set using Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word programs:
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal;
- High level of accuracy with strong attention to detail;
- Proven time management, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills;
Credit Union experience or experience in other financial institutes’ internal audit, risk & compliance department is preferred but not required.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $43,284 per year;
- Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid health and dental, employee insurances, matched pension, variable base pay (bonus) program, educational opportunities, and staff rates on our products and services;
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union at www.encompasscu.ca or visit our company review page on indeed.