Business Account Officer - Wainwright Branch
1 full time, temporary position (mat leave cover off)
This is a 12-month term position (October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022) with potential for a permanent position.
The primary responsibility of the Business Account Officer is to provide support for the Commercial and Agricultural lending functions of the organization by performing a variety of administrative and analytical procedures and working with members to obtain financial information as required for credit approvals and renewals.
Working as part of a team, you will:
- Provide administrative support to the Business Lending team, acting as liaison between the Business Lending and Lending Support teams, and completing loan workflow tickets on behalf of the Business lending team;
- Track and margin assigned accounts ensuring compliance to the parameters as established by the credit union;
- Prepare and post financial and statistical entries for loans as required;
- Prepare and analyze reports and information for Business Account Managers as requested;
- Ensure that appropriate reports are conducted on lines of credit, small business, commercial and agricultural loan files in a timely manner.
Your qualifications include:
- Self-motivated, quick learner who shows initiative and drive to becoming a permanent member of the team;
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma with additional education in finance;
- Commerce, Business Administration or Agriculture degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred;
- 2–3 years of experience in retail lending in a credit union or other financial institution;
- 3–5 years of working experience in agricultural and commercial lending is preferred;
- Working knowledge of farm and/or farming backgrounds is an asset;
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal and interpersonal;
- Strong skill set using Microsoft office suite, especially Excel and Word programs;
- High level of accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
Our compensation includes:
- Competitive salary starting at $21.66 per hour ($42,228 per year);
- 9% vacation pay; paid out on a monthly basis;
- This position is not eligible for employee benefits.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union at www.encompasscu.ca or visit our company review page on indeed.
If you believe that our organization is a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Officer
502 – 10 street, Wainwright, AB T9W 1P4
Our closing date is September 8, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for interviews.
Interviews will be scheduled for mid-September.