Business Account Manager - Small Business
Are you a local resident ready for a Career Change?
Have you considered a career in the financial sector?
Encompass Credit Union is seeking individuals who are committed to this community and are interested in a position with opportunities for education and career advancement. If you are energized by helping people achieve their goals and have an aptitude for working with numerical information to solve business challenges, consider us!
We believe in the principles of people helping people and giving back to the community through grants, scholarships, funding, and community involvement.
We are currently hiring:
Business Account Manager – Small Business
Salary range is $66,192 to $82,740
Potential to advance to the senior role with earning potential exceeding $100,000 annually.
This permanent, full-time position is in our Wainwright Branch.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Lending Services, the Business Account Manager develops and maintains a commercial, agriculture and personal loan portfolio, providing top-tier financial advice for members and potential members in delivering solutions specific to individual needs.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Well-developed mathematical and logical reasoning skills. You readily understand the implications of detailed numerical information and can draw conclusions using advanced numerical concepts.
- High level of sound and independent judgement, reasoning, and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills with an aptitude for relationship and team building.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options. solutions, and resolutions.
- Agricultural, commercial and/or consumer lending.
- Proven success in managing and building customer relationships.
Upon completion of your training period, you will:
- Deliver superior business and financial advice to members and potential members to identify needs and offer tailored solutions.
- Leverage your business development knowledge and experience to strengthen and grow the Commercial and Agriculture book of business.
- Actively solicit new business opportunities through personal contact, prospecting and lead generation, cold calling, report analysis and referrals.
- Identify opportunities through diligent, timely and proactive financial reviews.
- Demonstrate portfolio management and risk mitigation through the review of financial statements to identify trends, monitor risk, and assess for credit restructuring.
- Build relationships with existing members and network with external business organizations.
- Represent Encompass Credit Union in a professional manner at business functions and meetings.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork and ability to collaborate across multiple teams within the organization to ensure exceptional end-to-end delivery of products and services to members.
- Keep up with new technologies, applications, mobile lending initiatives and willingly participate in continuing education and ongoing learning; and
- Maintain an assigned portfolio mix and assume additional Commercial or Agricultural accounts as deemed appropriate.
- Maintain integrity of the loan portfolio through follow-up of delinquent loans; ensuring delinquency ratios and profitability are maintained, and all necessary documentation is current and complete.
- Conduct annual reviews by reviewing all pertinent information and assessing the credit worthiness of the member/connection.
Encompass Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative, controlled by its members and operated on the principle of people helping people, providing its members credit at competitive rates as well as other financial services. We are an organization who takes pride in our communities and sees the benefits of giving back through grants, scholarships and funding. Our employees are an integral part of our success and we take care to ensure that we provide them with the benefits and resources that they may need.
- Competitive salaries commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- A Comprehensive benefits package including employer paid Health, Dental, Health Care Spending Account, Employee & Family Assistance Program, and telehealth benefit.
- A matched pension program.
- A variable base pay program.
- Yearly educational allowance for on-going professional development.
- Paid vacation and personal days upon hire.
- Employee loan and investment benefits.
- Opportunity to advance within the organization.
April 30, 2021
How to Apply
If you believe that our organization is a good fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
VP Human Resources
502 – 10 street, Wainwright, AB T9W 1P4
This position will remain open until April 30th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected for pre-employment assessments and interviews.
Learn more about Encompass Credit Union: www.encompasscu.ca
Learn more about Wainwright: http://wainwright.ca